UFA SERVICES< Back to Services
1. Political Violence Insurance
Covers physical loss or damage to the buildings and contents belonging to the Insured or for which the Insured is legally responsible, directly caused by one or more of the following perils occurring during the policy period and in respect of which the Insured has purchased cover for:
- Act of Terrorism
- Strikes, Riots &/or Civil Commotion
- Malicious Damage
- Insurrection, Revolution or Rebellion
- Mutiny and /or Coup d’état
- Civil War
2. Jewelers' Block Insurance
Jewelers' Block insurance covers the Insured’s business on an “All Risks” and it is specially formulated for the Jewellery trade which can be summarized as follows:
- Stock cover: Any loss or damage to the Insured property arising from any cause except when specifically excluded.
- Property to be insured: Stock of Jewellery, gold, precious stones, watches and all other merchandise the property of the Insured or entrusted to him.
- Cover includes but is not limited to:
- Fire and allied perils, theft and Hold-Up
- Accidental Damage.
- Sleight of hand losses.
Extensions: Cover may be extended to:
- Jewellery whilst personally conveyed in Lebanon.
- Home risk.
3. Contingency insurance: non appearance and event cancelation
This insurance is to indemnify the Assured for their loss should any Insured performance or event be necessarily canceled, abandoned, postponed, interrupted or relocated as a direct result of one or more of the following perils:
- Death of any Insured Person.
- Accident to or Illness of any Insured Person.
- Unavoidable travel delay.
- Adverse weather in respect of outdoor performances
- National Mourning.
4. Professional Indemnity Insurance (for Architects, Consulting Engineers) & Medical Malpractice (for Doctors and Surgeons)
Professional Indemnity Insurance
This is an essential protection for professional firms or practices who provide a service or an advice and therefore owe a duty of care to those who might reasonably rely upon that service or advice.
Scope of cover: To indemnify the Insured in respect of the Insured’s legal liability to third parties for any third party claim arising out of bodily injury and material damage caused by a negligent act, error or omission committed or omitted or alleged to have been committed or omitted (as the case may be) by the Insured during the policy period; and arising out of the ordinary course of the performance of the professional services rendered by the Insured during the policy period. Such services may be design and supervision for construction work, consultancy and planning.
Scope of cover: The Insurers pay on behalf of the Insured all sums, which the Insured shall by law be held liable to pay for damages arising out of bodily injury or mental injury to or death of any patient caused by or alleged to have been caused by any negligent act, error or omission in professional services rendered or should have been rendered (herein referred to as Malpractice) by the persons insured in the Institution. These policies are written on a claims made basis and only applies to claims which are first made against the Insured and reported to the company during the policy period.